How do I post a room for rent?
- Sign into Zillow Rental Manager to list your rental property
- After entering your rental property address and property type, be sure to check the "This is a room for rent with a shared living space" checkbox before selecting to create your listing
- Continue through a brief series of screens to enter basic information about your room, including lease terms and utilities
- Upload a few photos of your room for rent
- Preview your listing to make sure everything looks right
- Publish your listing
How do I post a sublet?
Whether you are listing for a sublet or a full lease, you can go through Trulia’s posting process.
Simply select whether you are listing an entire home or listing an individual room for rent,
and Trulia will guide you through the process to get your rental listing live as soon as possible.
How quickly will my rental listing be posted on the site?
Listings typically reach the site within an hour of you clicking "Publish".
We do run checks to prevent fraudulent rental listings though, so if anything looks
not quite right, or if there's a technical delay on our side, it may take up
to a day.
What will my rental listing look like?
If you're posting a Room for Rent, you'll see a preview screen before you publish
your listing. This shows you a page similar to what renters will see, so you can
make any edits you want before it goes live.
If you’re posting an entire unit or home, you’ll use Zillow Rental Manager to add,
manage and edit any information that will be visible to renters before you activate the listing.
Can I share my rental listing?
Absolutely! We'll give your listing a unique URL that you can send to friends or share on social media.
It will work for as long as you keep your listing active.
Which sites will display my listing?
If you're posting a Room for Rent, it will appear on Trulia and our partner brand, HotPads.
If you’re posting an entire unit or home, your listing will appear on Trulia, Zillow and HotPads via Zillow Rental Manager.